This week Ned Ryun of American Majority joins me as a special guest on the podcast. We will be discussing what American Majority does and how great people in this organization can help train you to be a better activist or candidate in local politics. If you are considering running for local political office, then you don’t want to miss this podcast!
I am excited to have Ned join me today. We have known each other for years and always have a good time discussing the importance of identifying and training candidates who believe in limited government. Like me, Ned knows that to have a lasting impact on the direction of this country, we need great local leaders who can influence policies.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- Why American Majority was started– learn why two main reasons why American Majority was started
- Why local politics matter– learn why local politics and local candidates matter as much if not more than national ones
- What resources American Majority offers– learn what types of resources you can find to help you win your local election or grassroots effort
- Why politics is a numbers game– learn why we need to stay on top of the numbers game 24/7/365 if we are going to effect real change
- How trainings American Majority offers– learn what types of trainings are offered and how they can help you in your efforts
- Why one-size fits all governing doesn’t work– learn why we need a government that is structured to allow people to be individuals
- Who is on the American Majority team– learn about the world changers that work with the organization and what they can teach you
American Majority Resources: americanmajority.org/resources
American Majority Training: americanmajority.org/training
Ned Ryun is the founder and CEO of American Majority, a non-partisan political training institute whose mission is to identify and mold the next wave of liberty-minded candidates, grassroots activists and community leaders. Under Ryun’s leadership, American Majority has trained over 27,000 candidates and activists since January 2009, conducting over 800 in-person trainings in an unprecedented national effort to recruit new community leaders.
A former writer for President George W. Bush and the son of former Olympic medalist and U.S. Rep. Jim Ryun (R-KS), Ned Ryun is highly sought after for his commentary on Tea Party politics, the national political scene, grassroots engagement and the conservative movement in general. Ryun has appeared on Fox News’ “The O’Reilly Factor,” “Hannity,” “Special Report with Brett Baier,” “Your World with Neil Cavuto,” “Fox & Friends,” ABC’s “World News Tonight” and has been quoted in numerous print publications including Time Magazine, The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, Los Angeles Times, USA Today, Politico, The Washington Post, and The Washington Times. He also writes a monthly column for The American Spectator.
Prior to launching American Majority, Ryun founded and directed Generation Joshua, a civics education program for middle and high school students that reached a membership of nearly 10,000. Ryun graduated with Highest Distinction (summa cum laude) from the University of Kansas with degrees in English and History. Together with his father and twin brother, Drew, he also authored Heroes Among Us and The Courage to Run.
Transcript: Available here
Thank you for listening!