This week Kristina “Tina” Keats is back to finish our discussion on things a potential candidate should do before deciding to run for local office. We talk about the importance of analyzing past election results. Did you know that learning past election voting records for your area can help you win a future election? Tina is an experienced campaign manager with an impressive winning record of 93% (26 wins, 2 losses). One of her secrets to success in elections is data analysis.
I am excited to have Kristina share her vast knowledge of information about data analysis. This area can help you decide whether or not to run for an office, as well as what you will need to do in order to ensure your victory!
In this episode, you’ll learn:
• The importance of data analysis- why bother going through the hassle and how past elections can help you predict future results
• What data to get- what voter statistics will help you the most in your next potential race
• Where to look for the data- what past elections to get data from and how many cycles back you should go
• How to analyze the data- what programs work the best to help you get the most information out of your data
• How to apply the data- how to use your data analysis to help you decide whether you should run and win if you do run
• The part that parties play in nonpartisan races- why it party affiliations still matter, and how you can win regardless of your area’s major party affiliation
Tina Keats’ Biography: Available here
Thank you for listening!