Money makes the world go round- especially in political campaigns! Join us today as Tina and I discuss how to ask for money in a political campaign. Whether you are nervous about asking people for money or you are just looking for tips on where to start, we’ve got all the information covered for you.
If you are going to run for local political office, then you are going to have to learn how to ask! You will need to ask for people’s vote. You will need to ask for their support. You will need to ask for people’s time. Learn the basics today as we go over how to ask for money in a political campaign.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- Why you should start with your friends and family– learn why you want to start raising money with the people that know you the best
- Who you should ask for money from – learn who should be on your list of people to ask for money from and how to find them
- Why you shouldn’t be ashamed of asking for money- learn why it is important to ask for money, not something to be ashamed or afraid of
- How to send out a mailing to raise support- learn what you need to include in your mailing and how often to send it
- Why asking for money is about more than just the money- learn what someone giving you money for your political campaign really means
- What events should be for in local elections- learn what kind of events you should be having when running for local office to not waste time or money
- How an election law attorney is important is campaign fundraising- learn why you want to contact an attorney before you start to ask for money
- When to consider hiring a professional fundraiser- learn at what campaign level you should consider hiring a professional to help with your fundraising
Transcript: Available here
Thank you for listening!