Are you running in a local election against an incumbent? Do you want to know what to do so you can beat the incumbent? Then this podcast is for you! Beating an incumbent isn’t impossible; it just takes work!
I am excited to share with you some of my top tips for beating an incumbent and winning your local election. You might feel like you are in giant battle in your campaign against the incumbent, but it is not a futile one. If you are willing to work hard and take my advice to heart, you can win!
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- What advantages the incumbent has– what specific things the incumbent has going for him and how to work around them
- What advantages you have- what disadvantages the incumbent has that work to your advantage
- Why it is okay to run twice– why having to run twice is not a bad thing for a new candidate running against an incumbent
- How to use the press to your advantage– how to get the press to use quotes from you when writing stories about the incumbent
- Why you should consider having a group created for the negatives– how to set up a group to do all of the negative campaigning for you
- How to get local businessmen to support you– what you need to do in order to get the support of local businessmen
- How to find a group of people to help you- why it is important to get involved in a group that can support you in your political campaign for local office.
Transcript: Available here
Thank you for listening!