Kristina Keats and I talk about Get Out the Vote (GOTV) ideas for early voting, absentee voting, along with election day strategies. These key phases in the Get Out the Vote process each needed further discussion. Although we touched on them in our previous podcast on Get Out the Vote in a Political Campaign Commonwealthy #42, it is important that the candidate and campaign staff fully realize the details and differences in each type of voting.
Because Voter ID and GOTV are key to a winning campaign, we thought we would take more time to truly give our candidates and their staffs and even clearer picture of what needs to happen.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- Who are you targeting first for early voting– learn how to choose what voters to get to the polls first
- Who should be using absentee ballots– learn when to use absentee ballots and when to encourage early voting
- Why you should be mindful of the possibilities for vote fraud in absentee ballots– learn my horror story about absentee ballots
- Why early voting is a gift to the well run campaign– learn how having additional voting time during the early voting period can improve your ability to get your votes in
- How to get the less engaged voter to the polls– learn tactics to get the less engaged voters to the ballot box
- Why you have to tell your voters where the polling place is located– learn this and other information that you must get to each of your identified voters
- Why you should always plan on problems– learn how to do not let equipment failure stop you because you only have one shot at Election Day
- What you should use to remind your voters to vote– learn why using web and social media is good, but you still must live call all of your identified supporters
Transcript: Available here
Thank you for listening!