Today I am going to discuss a very important topic, especially for the unusual election cycle that we are having in 2016: the effect of the rest of the ticket on your political campaign. When you are preparing for your local election, you need to think about who and what else is going to be on the ballot. Believe it or not, that can really affect your voter turnout!
I am excited to discuss this topic today because I think it is especially crucial in this year’s November election. I don’t want your political campaign for local office to suffer just because of the potential unusual voter turnout for the top of the ticket. Take the time now to prepare so you have the best shot at winning your political campaign!
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- Why you shouldn’t assume Republicans will show up to vote- learn why the 2016 election cycle is different and how it could affect your election
- How you can ensure a good voter turnout regardless– learn what you need to do in order to make sure you get the number of votes you need to win
- What role voter ID should play in your political campaign- learn how to use voter ID to your advantage, regardless of the rest of the ticket
- How to encourage independents to show up for you- learn what you need to do in order to win over independents and ticket splitters
- What role mailings can play in helping you win- learn how you can use personalized mailings in order to reach independents and ticket splitters
- Why you should consider initiatives and referendums- learn how having this items on your ballot could affect your election turnout
Voter ID Podcast: CW 14
Analyzing Past Election Results: CW 03
Targeting Voters: CW 13
Precinct Work Podcast: CW 44
Transcript: Available here
Thank you for listening!