You made it through your political campaign for local office and the Election Day. Now what should you expect? Join me for today’s podcast as I walk you through what you need to know and be prepared to do for election night and the morning after the election.
Win, lose, or draw, there are certain things that you will need to be prepared ahead of time to do and say so that you position yourself well for any future campaigns. I am excited to share these inside tips with you today on the podcast.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- What to do for your election night party- learn where to hold your party, who to invite, and what to serve
- Why you shouldn’t spend all your campaign money – learn why it is important to leave money in the account for when the election is over
- How to set up a war room– learn what needs to be in your war room so you can track results as they are reported
- When to consider a recount- learn how close a race for local office should be for you to consider a recount
- Why you should have a victory and concession speech prepared- learn why it is important to have two speeches prepared ahead of time
- How to handle the press on election night- learn what to say to the press and what to allow them to photograph
- What to plan to do the morning after the election- learn what things you need to make sure you do soon after the election is over
Transcript: Available here
Thank you for listening!