Today we celebrate Commonwealthy’s one year anniversary with a special podcast highlighting some of the top topics from last year as well as a special conversation with Tina Keats. The theme of this podcast, as well as Commonwealthy as a whole, is good advice for the new candidate. If you are thinking of running for local office, then this is a great episode for you!
Join me as we look back on the first year of the Commonwealthy podcast and look ahead to the second year. Tina and I will share some great tidbits on what you need to make sure to do as your prepare to run in an election for local political office.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- Why it is important to start the campaign process early- learn why you never want to kick off your political campaign a few months before the election
- How getting to know your community will help your campaign– learn why it is important to put in the time getting to know the ins and outs of your town
- Why it is important to get to know your local political party- learn why you want to get involved with your local party long before your election
- How to make sure your key volunteers or staff are on the same page- learn the questions to ask so you will know that you have the same philosophy
- Why advertising is like an air campaign for the military – learn why you don’t want to focus all your attention and money on advertising for your election
- What you need to do in order to focus on the most important things- learn why listening to too many voices is a bad thing for your political campaign
Transcript: Available here
Thank you for listening!