I have a special guest on the podcast today that you are really going to learn a lot from! Brandon Lewis, author of the best selling book How to Raise Money for Political Office, is going to teach us the basic steps to raising the money that you really need to win your race for local office. Follow his simple program, and I know you will be able raise your dream budget!
I am really excited to have Brandon on the podcast today as we begin to talk about one of the most important areas for succeeding in a political campaign. Without enough money, your political campaign will struggle if not fail unnecessarily. Make sure to take the time to learn about fundraising so you have the best chance at winning your race for local office!
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- Why money matters– learn why raising more money than your opponent really does make a difference in your potential success
- When you start fundraising– learn why you want to start fundraising long before you start campaigning
- How to start fundraising for your political campaign– learn the first step to take to have a successful fundraising effort, no matter the size
- Why hard work and preparation can help you beat an incumbent– learn how you can beat an incumbent with just hard work and extra effort
- How to raise most of your money in one fundraiser– learn the steps you need to take in order to raise eighty percent of your budget in one fundraiser
- Why you need a host committee– learn the purpose of a host committee and why your fundraiser absolutely needs one
- Who your biggest opponent is in fundraising– learn who your biggest opponent is to raising money and how to overcome
- How to actually collect pledges– learn what you need to do in order to actually collect the money that people have pledged to your campaign
How to Raise Money for Political Office: Available on Amazon
Lewis’ advice can be found in the pages Campaigns & Elections magazine and he travels nationally to speak and teach on the subject of campaign fundraising.
Lewis has held the role of Finance Coordinator, Finance Director, General Consultant, and/or Campaign Manager in U.S. Senate, U.S. House, and state and local campaigns. His non-profit experience ranges from working for a national medical non-profit coordinating grassroots fundraising to the multi-million dollar capital campaign front for a major educational institution.
Educational accomplishments include an undergraduate degree in marketing and a master’s degree in business administration.
His entrepreneurial interests in business led him to build up a non-political service-based enterprise with over 20 employees and $1 Million in sales while simultaneously working with candidates seeking office. He sold this concern in early 2013 to focus full-time on training and equipping individuals and organizations in the art of political fundraising.
Lewis lives with his wife Kristin and daughter Silvia in Chattanooga, TN. He is chairman of the deacons and treasurer at River City Church and spends his leisure time reading, cross-training, and enjoying the company of friends.
Transcript: Available here
Thank you for listening!