Are you wondering if attending political events is even worth your time, effort, and money? Are you tired of feeling like you are putting forth all of this effort to be at and throw different events, but have very little to show for it. Today I am going to give you tips on making political events pay off for your local political campaign or activist organization.
I am excited to share these practical tips with you today because I know how frustrating it can be to do a political event and not have any real pay off for it. The advice I am going to share with you today is for things that I have learned either from others or the hard way. I know that these tips work because I have worked them myself!
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- Why call to actions are so important- why you want to end every speech or presentation at political events with a practical call to action
- How to utilize volunteers at a political event- what things you can have volunteers do to help your political or activism campaign
- What to put on an email sign up sheet– what information you need to make sure to collect and what you can skip
- How to make sure people actually sign up for your email list- how to pass around a sign up sheet so that people actually sign up on it
- Why you want yard signs and bumper stickers at the event- and what you can do to make sure that people actually take and use them
- How to get donations at a political event- what you can do to make it as easy as possible for people to give your political campaign or cause
- Why you shouldn’t put on many of your own events- and how to utilize other people’s events and still get a pay off for your political campaign or cause
Transcript: Available here
Thank you for listening!