This week Tina is back on the podcast with me to discuss political slates. If you are considering running for a school board or city council where there are multiple seats open, then you need to learn about political slates. A slate can help get you elected if done correctly! However, there are some downsides, so you will want to learn everything you can to make the best educated decision for your race.
I am excited to have Tina join me today because she has a lot of experience with slates in a political campaign. She will share her wealth of knowledge with us on the issue and give you some great, practical advice that you can apply to your own political campaign. Make sure not to miss this podcast so you can make the most of your local political election.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- Why you would consider a political slate– learn the advantages to a slate and why it might be the best thing for your political campaign
- What the disadvantages to a slate are– learn what you need to watch out for and how to know if a slate isn’t for you
- How to choose people for your slate– learn what you need to look for in potential candidates when putting your slate together
- Why a slate can make campaigning easier– learn how running in a slate can help share the financial responsibility as well as the workload
- What you need to agree to before running together– learn several important things you need to agree upon before deciding to run on a slate
- How to handle filing– learn why you need to be strategic about your filing in order to make voting easier for your voters
- What to do if you can’t fill a slate– learn what you can do if you can’t find enough people to run with you in your election
- Why you need to think long term– learn why making change can take time and you need to look at the big perspective
Transcript: Available here
Thank you for listening!