Are you curious about how precinct work fits into field operations and your overall local political campaign strategy? What are you supposed to do with all of those numbers that you collect from previous elections anyway? How could they possibly help you in your current campaign for local office?
Today I am going to cover how precinct work can help you be successful in your race for local political office. Join me as we go step by step through how to analyze past precinct results and use those results to come up with a good campaign strategy to help you win!
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- What voter data to collect– learn what you should be looking for in past election results and how to get it
- How to analyze precinct results- learn what to look for as you examine past election results in different precincts
- How to build your campaign strategy around precinct results- learn how to use the past precinct results in order to plan your campaign strategy
- Why you would start your field operations in precincts that support you- learn the advantages of starting your campaign off in an area that is for you
- How to figure out which districts are ticket splitting- learn what to look for to find the swing precincts
- How to use precinct work to help build up your volunteers- learn the advantages of knowing precinct results when starting off volunteers
- When you should ID people based on issues, not party affiliation- learn when it will help you to ID people based on different local and political issues
Transcript: Available here
Thank you for listening!