Tina is back on the podcast today as we discuss primary election strategies. A primary election is slightly different than a general election in that you will be running against people from your same party. There will be a lower voter turnout and you will be contending for the vote of a smaller group of people. How can you set yourself up for success in a primary election?
We’ve got some great tips and strategies for you today to help you get the advantage in your local primary election. If you are considering running for local office or are helping someone who is, then don’t miss this podcast! We will let you know what you need to know about primary election strategies for local political offices.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- Why you want to have a primary election– learn what the advantages are to having a primary election
- How primary elections earn you free publicity- learn how having a primary can provide you with unearned media attention
- When to use a petition challenge- learn when you want to consider doing a petition challenge for a primary election
- How to do a petition challenge during a primary- learn what steps you would need to take in order to challenge your opponent’s petitions
- Why you want to avoid personal attacks during a primary- learn why you want to be extra careful to avoid attacking your opponents during a primary
- What you need to make sure to do with voters- learn why voter contact is essential during a primary
- How media endorsements during a primary can be used- learn how you can use primary endorsements to your advantage during the general election
- How to get local organizations to endorse you for the primary- learn what steps you need to take and when to start in order to win local endorsements
Transcript: Available here
Thank you for listening!