In the second part of our two part series on negatives in political campaigns, Tina and I discuss how to respond when you are attacked. Negative political attacks are just a part of politics. If you are going to be running for local office, then you need to be prepared with the knowledge of how to respond in a way that helps your campaign and hurts your candidates.
I am excited to have Tina back on the podcast today as we finish up our series. We both have had a lot of experience with successfully responding to negative campaign attacks. We share some of our best tips on how to diffuse a situation before it ruins your run for office.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- Why defending yourself from negative political attacks is challenging– learn why it can be difficult to prove that negative attacks are lies
- What you can do to prove the truth- learn different approaches to proving the negative attacks are not factual
- How early voting is helping attacked candidates – learn how early voting can help you defend yourself from negative attacks
- What mediums to use to defend yourself- learn what mediums to consider using to respond to negative attacks
- Why legal cases against negative attacks don’t help- learn why liable and defamation laws won’t help protect your political campaign from attacks
- When to consider ignoring negative political attacks- learn when it would be in your best interest to ignore false negative attacks
- What to do with true negatives against you- learn what steps to take to make sure that the news comes out on your terms
Transcript: Available here
Thank you for listening!