This week Kristina “Tina” Keats is joining me again to talk about how to prepare before running for local office. Today we will be discussing what you and your family need to be aware of up front before you decide to campaign. Do you have a realistic idea of what it will be like to be involved in a local political campaign? Today we are going to make sure that you do!
I am excited to cover this topic with Tina today as we make sure that you don’t repeat the mistakes that we made early in our political careers! We want to see you help make a difference and make this country freer and more prosperous for all!
In this episode, you’ll learn:
• Why you need to prepare to be hurt– why you need to be prepared for the emotional toil of a campaign
• Why it is important to ask for help and how to do it– why you need to have people on your team and how to get people to help you
• Why you need to ask for donations even if you can afford to pay for the campaign– what is the big deal about financial contributions anyway?
• Where to look for volunteers and community connections– where are you supposed to find all this help that you need?
• What mistakes we made early on and how you can avoid them– how you can learn from what we did wrong!
Tina Keats’ Biography: Available here
Thanks for listening!