There is so much that can be done on the activism side of politics to help make lasting change in your local community. Today on the Commonwealthy podcast we are going to be talking about seven types of political capacities that the right side needs to be involved with in order to bring our vision of a free market limited government to reality.
I am excited to talk to you today about political capacities because I know that not everyone is going to run for local political office, but so many of us can make a real difference by fulfilling one of these capacities for the right. Whether you are currently involved in activism, thinking about getting involved in activism, or wanting to be involved in activism while you plan your local political campaign, today’s podcast will show you where to start.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- How you can research and change policy- why you should consider researching and writing new policies as a political capacity
- Why investigative reporting is important in politics- how to use investigative reporting to expose corruption and change your local government
- What smaller organizations can do to impact your local area– how to create a small political organization to be a change agent in your community
- How smaller political organizations are creating change- what other organizations are doing around the country to make a differece
- What Media Matters is and why it matters- and what you can do to fight media bias on your local level
- How lawyers can impact politics on a local level- what you can do as a lawyer to help bring about change to policies
- Why you should be recruiting candidates- and how to make sure that they get the training they need to win their local offices
- How using social media can be a political capacity- and why you need to choose a focus for your posts
State Policy Network- website
Heritage Foundation- website
Cato Institute- website
Club for Growth- website
Texans for Lawsuit Reform- website
Goldwater Institute- website
Institute for Justice- website
Pacific Legal Foundation- website
American Majority- website
The Leadership Institute- website
Transcript: Available here
Thank you for listening!