As we rapidly approach the November 2016 election, political campaign yard signs are popping up all across this country. There is no better time than now to study signs and designs for a political campaign! Today we are going to discuss the basics of yard signs so you can be prepared for your next run for local office.
I am excited to be covering this important topic with you today because I know the impact yard signs and designs can have on your political campaign. Yard signs are a great way to get name recognition and to build your support base. Whether you are planning a run for local political office in 2017 or just starting to consider becoming a local candidate, this podcast is a great resource for you on a campaign basic!
In this episode, you’ll learn:
• Why bigger is better– why the size of your yard signs really does matter
• What to put on your yard signs– what you want included in your sign design
• Why hiring a designer is worth it– why a good graphic designer is an investment worth the money
• What colors to avoid for your yard signs– what colors to use during different times of the year and what colors to avoid during others
• How to get people to put up yard signs for smaller offices– how to capitalize on people wanting a sign for presidential or gubernatorial candidates
• Why you want to collect contact information– why you should include your yard sign list in your voter ID database
• How to ask someone to put up a yard sign– why how you ask someone to put up a yard sign can make a big difference
99 Designs: website
Razzaq Lodhia of ElectionGraphics.us: website
Transcript: Available here
Thank you for listening!