One of the best ways to make a real difference in your community, election year or not, is to start a political organization. Local political organizations provide a permanent infrastructure to support limited government conservative candidates and provide a way to organize activism year round. Political organizations are key to getting our candidates elected so we can implement policy at any level.
I am excited to talk about this topic on the podcast today because I know first hand the difference that an organization can make in local politics. My local political organization was able to organize volunteers and make a real impact in our local politics. Today I am going to share with you how you can start a political organization and make a difference, too!
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- What a local political organization can do year round– what you can do to get a jumpstart on the next election cycle
- How much time you need to commit- why it will only take a couple of hours a week to make a difference
- Why you should have a regular get together– why consistency makes a difference to your volunteer turnout
- How to start one if you don’t have a campaign- and why you should focus on local candidates and avoid federal candidates
- What your political organization can do to ID voters- how the things you do during a political campaign can be used when you start a political organization
- How to have a political organization that makes a difference- what you need to do in order to have an impact in your local political scene
Transcript: Available here
Thank you for listening!