This week Tina Keats is back on the podcast with me to discuss targeting voters. Since you probably can’t talk to every person in your precinct, you will need to be selective in order to be the most efficient with your time and resources. Where do you start?
I am excited to have Tina join me as we talk about what to do with the data that you collected after podcast #3, Analyzing Past Election Results. If you have not listened to that episode yet, make sure to check it out so that you will have a good understanding of the data that we discuss in this podcast.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- What to do with the data you collected– where to begin and how it can help you plan your campaign
- How to prioritize voters to contact- what group of people should be your first priority in contacting and who can wait.
- What groups of unregistered voters you should pursue- and what group of unregistered voters is not worth going after
- Why you need to track every conversation- how your database can help you know how you are doing in early voting
- Why party matters even in a nonpartisan race- how contacting people within your party first can help build your volunteer and donation base
- What percentage is considered saturation- why you don’t need to worry if you aren’t able to talk to every person in a particular group
- Why age matters- why you might consider going to a retirement area over a PTA meeting
Transcript: Available here
Thank you for listening!