If you have listened to the Commonwealthy podcast before, then you know I am passionate about helping people run for local political offices. But why? Today I am going to cover why it is so important for people like yourself to set up and run in local political campaigns.
I am also going to cover the three essential elements in a political campaign. If you find yourself overwhelmed by everything that needs to be done to run for local office, then this is the podcast for you! I will boil it down to the basic core of how to get started in a political campaign.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- Why you should run for local office– learn the importance of having good people with common sense running for local political offices
- How local offices impact us compared to federal offices- learn the role that local political offices play in our society as compared to national politics
- Why messaging matters – learn why you need to know what you believe before you start your political campaign
- How to look at rejection as a political candidate- learn why you will need to get used to hearing no and how to handle it
- Who to talk to when you start out- learn who you need to talk to about volunteering and raising money to be successful
- How to utilize volunteers at the beginning of your political campaign- learn what you can do to get volunteers involved and engaged from the beginning
- Why the second time is often the charm- learn why there is no shame in running for local office twice before you win the election
Transcript: Available here
Thank you for listening!