Tina joins me on the podcast today as we cover an important part of any political campaign: negatives! So many first time candidates are determined to not have a negative campaign. In doing so, they miss out on an opportunity to educate the voters on the relative truths about their opponent. Don’t let this happen to you!
I am excited to have Tina with me for this episode as we show you that truthful facts aren’t negatives! We will give essential tips on how to make sure that you fulfill your moral obligation to bring truths to light while staying out of a negative smear campaign. You can do both- and after this podcast, you will know how!
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- Why truthful facts aren’t negatives– learn the importance of telling the truth about your opponent even if they are not positive facts
- What type of truths you should share- learn the importance of only sharing relative truths to the campaign
- Why you should have original documents to back you up- learn the types of files or media stories that you should have before disclosing facts
- How sharing unsubstantiated claims can ruin your campaign- learn why it is important to have proof before you bring a negative truth to light
- Where to share negatives truths about your opponent- learn different ways you can share truthful facts about your opponent
- How to find negative truthful facts- learn where you or your volunteers can look to find information about your opponent
- What a push poll is- learn how to use a push poll to share truthful facts about the opposing candidate
- Why to consider having a third party go negative for you- learn different ways to have a party outside of your campaign share information with voters
Transcript: Available here
Thank you for listening!