This week Kristina “Tina” Keats is joining me to talk about the importance of understanding the political landscape before you jump into an election. What groups are behind the slates and candidates involved in this particular local election? And what should you do about these groups before you run for office?
I am excited to have Tina join me today as we discuss what could be going in the background of your local political scene. The things you learn today will help you be a success in your local political career!
In this episode, you’ll learn:
• Why run for local office– learn what are some of the motivations for running for office
• What is going on behind the scenes– learn what are some of the groups that could be working behind the political landscape in your area
• When to work with the powers in charge– learn when you would want to join up with the caucus or clique
• When to take them on– learn when you should take on the clique instead of joining them
• How to find out your local political landscape– learn how you find out the history of what is going on behind the scenes in your community
• What it will take to win against the clique– learn how you can win even if you are fighting against the powers of your political landscape
Tina Keats’ Biography: Available here
Thank you for listening!