In a special edition of the Commonwealthy podcast, today’s podcast is a speech I gave at the American Majority CPAC 2016 conference. I gave some great tips on using public speaking to win support that I wanted to share with you. As a future candidate for local political office or an activist, there is a lot of useful information for you in this episode.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- Why public speaking is important- learn why it is important for you to become comfortable with public speaking
- How to get comfortable with public speaking – learn an important tip to be able to speak in front of a crowd with ease
- What the basic elements of a good speech are- learn what elements every speech needs to have in it
- Why you need a call to action in every speech- learn why it is important to include a call to action and what it can be
- How to connect with the audience- learn tips on how you can make sure you are connecting with the audience while you are speaking
- Where you can practice speaking- learn different places where you can practice public speaking
- How to stop using filler words when you speak– learn how you can stop saying umm and uhh when you speak
American Majority: website
How to Master Public Speaking for the Political Candidate: PDF
Transcript: Available here
Thank you for listening!