This week Tina is back on the podcast with me to discuss the ins and outs of having volunteers in a political campaign. There’s nothing more valuable and precious in a campaign than a volunteer’s time. Having people who will come help you run for local office will save you a lot of time and money. The question is, how do you get and keep volunteers?
I am excited to have Tina discuss some our tried and true ways of getting people to help with your run for local office. We have some great tips to share that will end up saving you lots of time and headaches! Make sure to check out this podcast and pass it along to your politically active friends.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- The importance of volunteers– why bother going through the hassle of recruiting and training volunteers
- Why people volunteer- what the motivations are for people wanting to help a political campaign
- How to recruit volunteers– where to look for volunteers and what you can do to bring them in the door
- What organization has to do with volunteer retention- why you need to be very organized and prepared in order to keep your volunteers
- Why volunteering in a local election helps the whole ticket– and why you need to prepared to explain this to a potential volunteer
- How to keep them coming back– how to talk to volunteers so that they will want to keep coming back over and over again
- Why you need to thank volunteers- why a heartfelt thanks will do wonders for your volunteers and your campaign
Transcript: Available here
Thank you for listening!