This week Tina Keats and I discuss voter ID scripts. Whether you are having volunteers calling voters or go door to door or you are doing it yourself, you will want to have a voter ID script prepared to make the most of your interaction. The data that you collect from your voter interactions are very important to the success of your political campaign!
I am excited to have Tina give us her best tips on writing voter ID scripts. Tina is the best person I know at testing scripts, going through scripts, and finding the perfect script. Today’s podcast will help you be able to write short scripts that will allow you to have positive interactions with voters while collecting the data that you need. You will not want to miss this important podcast!
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- What a good script is- the most important thing to keep in mind when writing a script
- Where to start- an easy way to start each of your scripts that will engage the voter from the beginning
- Why you want to be human- the thing that will set you apart from telemarketers and professional callers
- How youth can help- why young people can have a big impact on your voter ID phone calls and going door to door
- How many questions to ask- the perfect number of questions to ask voters in order to get the most accurate data
- How to tell if the voter is supporting you- how to discern a true undecided voter from someone who is voting for your opponent
Sample Scripts: Available here
Transcript: Available here
Thank you for listening!